01 / 04
Eklo Hotels - Bastide
Located in the heart of an eco-neighbourhood, this eco-hotel pushes the envelope to better accommodate today's travellers.
Located in the Bastide Niel ZAC (a mixed urban development zone), an eco-neighbourhood designed by architecture firm MVRDV, the eco-building has a unique shape designed in response to the massing of the masterplan. Openings, access balconies, and interior gardens give life to this monolithic block.
Friendliness, sharing and simplicity are at the heart of the design concept for this hotel, whose non-standard range of room types includes rooms for the individual traveller or family, studio
apartments, as well as a bar, restaurant and offices.
Client : EKLO HOTELS
Location : Bordeaux, France
Surface : 2 450 m²
Status : Delivered
Date : 2019
- An unconventional and unique offering.
- An innovative alternative to traditional standards.
- User friendliness at the heart of the project.
- A new "hybrid" hotel concept.
- A socially responsible and sustainable hotel project.
- Photovoltaic panels.
- Connection to the urban geothermal network.
- Natural ventilation.
- Rainwater recovery.
- Close to public transport and soft mobility encouraged.
Patriarche group :
Patriarche (Architecture, Environmental Building Quality [EBQ], and BIM)
Patriarche Ingénierie (General construction and cost assessment)