House Boat®, a design concept for adapting our construction methods to flood-zone areas.
Located on the Savoie Technolac business park within a flood zone, this inland port, where ten houseboats are moored, is home to cutting-edge companies and business incubators.
The beauty of the site and its unique character led us to carry out a careful architectural study that would allow for the siting of tertiary sector activities in harmony with a natural environment to be preserved.
Built using a light metal framework on piles, the simple construction process makes them flexible and versatile. In this case, they flank a jetty, but this design concept can be adapted to other eco-sensitive sites by adapting the design.
- Lightweight structure.
- Adaptable construction process.
- Flood zone.
- Recyclable and durable materials.
- Preservation of the natural environment.
- Lightweight constructions that can be dismantled.
- Use of recyclable materials (steel, glass, wood...).
- Solar protection and comfort in summer.
- Low-nuisance construction site.
Patriarche group :
Patriarche (architecture, Interior architecture, landscape, Environmental Building Quality [EBQ], and BIM)
Patriarche Ingénierie (general construction and cost assessment)
Patriarche Creative (signage)
Photos © Julien Lanoo